Batik is: Melted wax or some form of paste is applied to cloth before being dipped in dye. Wherever the wax has seeped through the fabric, the dye will not penetrate. Sometimes several colors are used, with a series of dyeing, drying and waxing steps. The wax may also be applied to another piece of cloth to make a stencil, which is then placed over the cloth, and dye applied to the assembly; this is known as resist printing.
- Wrap this stunning purple sarong with light purple flowers batik pattern on a dark purple background into a skirt, dress, or swimsuit coverup. * Very nice quality, thicker fabric than many of our other sarongs. * Comes with a coconut sarong buckle (shape may vary).
- Size: APPROX 67″ W x 44″ L *Fits up to a 2X depending on your measurements & how you tie the sarong. * Great gift item.
- Batik hand dyed *100% Rayon~Soft/Flowy~Great Quality!
- Wash on delicate cool water & line dry.
- Designed in Hawaii & hand made in Indonesia.